Birthday (23): I am grateful for...
Cherry Blossom (Sakura Tree's):
Traditionally the Sakura Blossoms have held the significant meaning of the transitionary phase of life. They reminds us of the delicate, fleeting moments we all go through every day and how fast they can fade away... yet leave the most beautiful memories.
With the knowledge that 'Change' is the only constant in life next to death, this year, today being my birthday I want to take the time to share 23 things I am incredibly grateful for so far this year.
1. Every morning I am grateful to be alive, breathing, healthy and well.
2. I am grateful for my practice in Yoga - especially yoga barre: the amount of strength increase I've felt from only a short 2 months has been so rewarding! My current results inspires and pushes me to become more, better and stronger. #BreathehotyogaCalgary
3. Since January, I have been traveling every other month totalling of 12 flights this year so far. I feel very fortunate to be able to jetset whenever I make the time.
4. Quality Relationships: having a handful of amazing people around me, lifting me up, pushing me through, loving me this much is a blessing. And I'll never get tired of reminding them incase they ever forget.
5. Family. Family is everything, and everyday I am grateful and inspired by their hard work ethic in creating, providing and holding it down. My mum & dad's smile is <3
6. For learning how to make a pretty amazing and delicious chocolate strawberry tart. (YAY to leveling up in my sweets department.)
7. For following through this time and finishing up my program in Massage Therapy and Nutrition. (one more month to go!) (COMMITMENT)
8. For the amount of incredible individuals I have met so far this year, who has become a friend and a mentor in my life. (LEADERSHIP)
9. I am grateful in learning/practicing on investing in me, inside and out. (YOU ARE WORTH IT!)
10. For John D Martini Workshop just a couple of months ago. For learning about the "Hierarchy of Values". (ADDICTED TO PERSONAL BEST)
11. For Team ESP: for being so ***damn amazing. This team of people have fuelled my creativity, kept me grounded and never ever fails to scream out loud how much they love and support me. (WELCOME LOVE WITH OPEN ARMS)
12. For being maid of honour for my child hood girl friend Tash. <3
13. SkyDiving in Phoenix Arizona on June 14th. 12,000 ft in air + off a perfectly good airplane = [x] bucket list! NOW onto other beautiful locations!
14. Henna by Zarri. Every time I sit down with this woman I slow down a little, get regrounded, fall in love a bit more with being adorn and it's one of the most comforting things I look forward to every few weeks/months. (CREATE)
15. Dance: This year I started dancing again and it has been so rewarding getting back in touch with the roots of why I loved it growing up. (RE-IGNITE YOUR PASSIONS)
16. Owning and accepting of who I am, flaws and all, skinny thoughts, fat thoughts, lazy days, beautiful days. I am everything I CHOOSE to be. (FEEL BEAUTIFUL without SHAME)
17. Consistency with my on-going creative collaborations/photoshoots! Especially to have had the chance to be part of MAKE FASHION YYC 2015! (THANK YOU to all the incredibly talented individuals in my life!)
18. Yoru: I found a kitty first week of June, and within the short amount of time, he has managed to teach me this lesson: Being apart, giving certain thoughts, feelings time and distance doesn't mean you love any less.. sometimes it means you love em' enough for wanting the best for them. Even if it means being with or without me playing the integral role. '
19. I am grateful in lessons of surrender. And to realize surrendering is not a one time thing, it's like love, it's something you got to keep choosing back into in order to have. And Surrendering doesn't mean giving up, it means giving yourself the freedom to be where you need to be.
20. I am grateful to know... "An invisible noodle connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The noodle may stretch or tangle but it will never break."
21. I am grateful for Buttermik waffles and Village ice cream for being opened so late so that I may indulge in such yummy sweets at night.
22. Emotions. This year so far has been a roller coaster ride (okay well.. ever year has been, but anyways). I am grateful to have gotten to know my own emotions better, to define certain things for myself and BE OKAY with not being okay at times; and know that in the end, if things aren't, then obviously it isn't the end! (DONT GIVE UP)
23. I am grateful in my progress for where I am at today. Being gentle with myself and my results have always been incredibly tough for me, so to be taking this moment and sharing with everyone some of the things that has been keeping me sane for the past half a year ... I'm a bit proud of that. And if I have at one point or another provided you with a smile, or even a thought of inspiration... then I believe a small part of my work here in this world is done. (OWN YOUR WINS!)
Photography by the ever so talented, professional and funny Thai Troung!
For more of his work please like/love/support : Thai Truong Photography
There will be more of his work posted in the next couple of weeks,
but in the meanwhile if you haven't seen the last birthday post
we did together last year: click here!