Matcha White Chocolate Cookies
My recent fun with Matcha has been infusing the powder into these delicious green tea matcha cookies drizzled/dipped in chocolate!
And since St. Patrick's Day is coming up this week on the 17th... here is my little contribution of a yummy naturally green snack/dessert!
The first batch wasn't sweet enough, so I decided to add some sweetness in by dipping half the cookie into chocolate and dust it with more matcha powder!
What you'll need for the Matcha Cookie:
- Unsalted Butter - 100g
- Flour - 1 cup
- White Sugar - 1/4 cup *
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup *
- 1 tsp of Vanilla extract
- Egg x 1
- White Chocolate (as much as you like)
- Matcha Powder - 1.5 tbsp (or adjust to your liking of how strong you want the cookies to be) (I got mine from David's Tea)
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Pinch of Salt
* Or use Honey / Krisda to balance out the sweetness to your liking.
1) Sift flour, baking soda, green tea together
2) Melt Butter, and mix in the sugar until combined
3) Add the egg + pinch of salt (be sure the butter is slightly cooled)
4) Mix in the remainder of dry ingredients until it forms into a dough like texture and add in chopped up chocolates
5) Let chill in the fridge (or snow if it's winter) for about 15 - 30 mins
6) Roll out or spoon cookie onto cookie sheet
Bake at 350 for 8-10 mins depending on how thick you're making the cookie.
Live Long. Get Lucky (;