Raw Honey : To the Rescue!
Many around me have gotten sick for the past few weeks, so I started looking around and thinking up on ways to aid in healing + prevention of getting the common cold!
And what I've stumbled upon is this timeless concoction of the traditional Lemon + Honey with a little kick and prep so that it will be there during the month(s) of 'whenever' its needed! Therefore no excuse of being too lazy to comfort your body during this winter season!
It's super simple, and below is what you'll need to make it!
Items you'll need:
- Mason Jars - Your choice of sizing
(I used 4 - 150ml ones)
- Chop Stick, rounded knife (or whatever that helps you get the honey off and into the mason jar)
- Raw Honey (I got mine from the Kingsland farmers market in Calgary, it comes in a thick creamy consistency)
- Organic Lemon
- Fresh peeled Ginger Root
- Cinnamon or Cayenne (or both)
Go on what do I do ?
- First begin slicing up the lemon and peel ginger into very thin slices
- Take your mason jar, layer the bottom with honey
- Begin layering lemon, ginger, bits of cinnamon or cayenne, raw honey
- Repeat until you fill the mason jar!
- Let sit overnight in fridge!
Do I eat it by the spoon or... ?
- Regularly, before or during colds... mix one spoonful or two (your desired sweetness) with a warm cup of water and sip throughout the day.
Why would this be helpful?
Lemon : super packed with vitamin C , great antiseptic, aids in your digestion (yay lemon water!)
Ginger: warms the body, antiviral, aids in digestion system + respiratory system
Raw Honey: Unprocessed, unrefined honey is high in antioxidants, antibacterial, cough suppressant
Storage: 3+ months if sealed properly, no water gets in and stored in fridge.
Reference to this concoction is from personal experience with lemon honey water and Pinterest : cold remedies
In life, everything you have and done means nothing without good health!
Hug lots, drink tea and be happy!